God has called Man in the Mirror to help every church disciple every man. That's taking a huge amount of time, money, and prayers.
So we want to make sure "the faithful" feel genuinely honored and appreciated – that we really do value your involvement and we don't take it for granted. We want you to "see" and "feel" the gravity of your prayers and investments making a valuable, crucial difference.
For long term prayer and financial partners, anything less than truly believing you will hear "well done good and faithful servant" for investing in this mission is unacceptable. You also need to see that we can't do it alone – we genuinely need your partnership.
Points to remember...
- Doing things the Jesus way takes time. There are no fast food windows to dispense Biblical manhood. There are no short cuts to godly character. Manhood in America is a systemic problem, and systemic problems require systemic solutions.
- It's hard to imagine a culture-changing spiritual awakening among men without a wholesale change in the way most churches interact with men.
- We are the only ministry God has (so far) deployed whose singular focus is to call & equip churches to disciple men.
- If we, or someone like us, don't succeed it's hard to visualize ever seeing the course correction we all want so much.
- God has already done a breathtaking work by bringing the Area Director initiative into existence. As we have said many times, even if this doesn't work, it's still the right thing to do. However, now we change that and say this is working, but even if it had not it was still the right thing to do.
So far those of us providing thought, financial, executive, and implementation leadership are a group so small we can all fit into a conference room. But, as the anthropologist, Margaret Mead, said, "Never doubt the power of a small group to change the world. That's about the only way it is ever happened in the past."
Thanks to all of you. Thanks for staying the course. We are committed, and it's a great comfort and encouragement to know you are too. You're a paraclete.
Until every church disciples every man...