If you think a man can find lasting significance by pursing money, fame, or power, take this pop quiz:
• Can you name the ten wealthiest men in the world?
• Who are the ten most admired men in America?
• Can you name the last ten presidents of the United States?
Even the highest achievers of our society are, as James wrote, vapors that appear for a little while and then vanish (see James 4:14). To go a step further, play the Game of Tens this way:
• Name ten family members who love you.
• Name the ten most memorable experiences of your life.
• Name ten people who will attend your funeral.
Pretty revealing, isn’t it?
Until every church disciples every man...
(adapted from the 25th Anniv. Ed. of The Man in the Mirror)