Through my work I meet a lot of men who need advice. Some are looking for it. Others are not. Here are some rules I've come up with for giving advice that have stood the test of time...
1. It can be taken as a general rule that when your advice isn't sought, it isn't wanted.
2. There is no greater loss than the right advice given at the wrong moment.
3. Asking good questions is better than telling someone, "Here's what you need to do."
4. Never try to teach a broken heart.
5. Even if I'm right I'm wrong if I don't say it in love.
Until every church disciples every man...