After many years of looking, we have a building under contract for Man in the Mirror at a great price. The timing isn’t the best (we’ve already had a slow summer). But as you know, one has to act on opportunities when the present themselves!
The building is perfect for us (we’ve been looking since 2008):
- As you can see, it’s nice but not too nice.
- It’s small (10,000 square feet) but big enough to accommodate rapid multiplication for next decade.
- It’s close to our existing location (where several people bought homes to be close to work)
- It frees up over $1,000,000 of rent savings for direct ministry over the next 10 years
- It satisfies my desire to make sure the ministry has a permanent home.
- It’s just good “business” to have a stable tenancy situation.
- Best of all, it’s a good deal: $1,037,500—23% off the asking price of $1,350,000 (which means the seller has already contributed the first $312,500 to the deal!)
With closing costs and some tenant build out it’s about a $1,275,000 package. We have never had any debt, and I’m praying we can keep it that way. Hopefully the Lord will give 10 or 20 of our friends a heart to help us secure a permanent home after 30 years of faithful and high impact ministry.
We need to make a go/no go decision on December 1, so would you please pray? Pray for the Lord to connect us with liquid donors who share a common passion to reach as many men as possible for Christ. Thank you in advance.
We now have 120 staff and are growing rapidly—so we need this (or similar) space. The driver for this growth is the No Man Left Behind Model (14 new disciples per church average). Every day we receive many heart-warming stories about how Jesus is using our labor to redeem wayward men, rescue their marriages, and restore their families.
Just to review: Our vision is for a spiritual revival and awakening in America, starting with men. We want to engage every man with a credible offer of Jesus and the resources to grow and serve. Since 1991 we’ve helped 35,000 leaders and churches impact 12,000,000 men in every state and over 80 countries. Many of those men are now reaching men themselves (for example, many of the millions of men who’ve read The Man in the Mirror have started small groups to reach other men). Our desire is to reach as many men as possible for Jesus, and equip those men to reach other men for Jesus.
Until we reach every man…