When men's leadership teams attend our No Man Left Behind training, they often say at the end, "Okay, we get it. Now tell us what to do."
For years we said, "You decide. Our approach is preceptive, not prescriptive. We give you the concepts, but you have the freedom to apply them however you want."
But we heard it so often, we decided to give leaders like you a long-term “framework” to disciple every willing man in your church. We call it “The Journey to Biblical Manhood” or “The Journey” for short.
The Journey consists of 12 Challenges for a church to take its men through over the long term. These challenges are targeted to help men grow in the major areas of their lives. Each is flexible and customizable for your church and your men! The Journey is not a specific curriculum or event. We’ll offer you suggestions, but you’re always in charge.
To help you succeed...
- We offer ideas and tools for developing a team.
- We offer pre-made plans.
- We will show you how to cast vision for your men.
- We offer several graphics packages and free promotional videos.
- We’ll help you engage ALL your men.
- We’ll help you connect men to your choice of content.
Visit The Journey to Biblical Manhood website where you can learn…
- How to Recruit Leaders
- How to Have an All-Inclusive Strategy
- How to Plan Your Create Event
- How to Promote Your Create Event
- How to Equip Your Small Group Leaders
- How to Capture Momentum After Your Kick-Off Event
The duration of each challenge will depend on what resources you choose to use, but most churches complete one to two challenges per year. You may do the challenges in any order but we strongly recommend you start with 1 and 2, which are foundational to the rest of the Journey.
Here Are The 12 Challenges...
1. MANHOOD: MASTER THE ESSENTIALS OF BIBLICAL MANHOOD
This first challenge in The Journey is designed to provide an overview for participants. It introduces your men to the basic characteristics of a godly man. These are the same ideas they will be exploring in more detail during the rest of The Journey.
2. THE GOSPEL: BUILD A FIRM FOUNDATION IN THE FAITH
This challenge communicates the basic faith tenets every man should understand, such as the character of God, justification, sanctification, the church, the Bible, the person of Christ, and work of the Holy Spirit. It encourages men to continually seek to learn more about God and the Bible.
3. RELATIONSHIPS: BUILD GODLY RELATIONSHIPS AND MARRIAGES
This challenge helps men explore the key relationships they have. Topics include dating, marriages, brotherhood, and integrity in personal relationships.
4. FATHERING: FATHER THE HEARTS OF OUR CHILDREN/GRANDCHILDREN
Many men have no example of proper fathering; this challenge shows men what it means to be a godly father, grandfather or mentor.
5. DISCIPLINES: BECOME A SPIRITUALLY DISCIPLINED MAN
This challenge teaches men the biblical foundations of prayer, worship, fasting, meditation, and solitude. Men will learn how to incorporate these disciplines into their daily life.
6. WORK: SERVE GOD IN OUR WORK
This challenge addresses issues such as mission and calling, purpose, the true definition of success, balance and priorities. Men will be encouraged to do their work with excellence and diligence in order to demonstrate God’s character to the world.
7. MISSION: COMMIT TO A PERSONAL MINISTRY
This challenge helps men understand their giftedness and how they can contribute to Kingdom work. It also teaches them about their purpose in life and how that sense of purpose guides their priorities and behavior.
8. MONEY: USE MONEY FOR GOD’S GLORY
This challenge shows men that they are stewards of the gifts God has given them. It encourages men to be God’s money managers, avoiding or reducing consumer debt and contributing to Kingdom work.
9. INTEGRITY: LIVE AS A MAN OF INTEGRITY AND CHARACTER
This challenge helps men understand what the Bible has to say about moral, ethical and sexual purity. Men will identify key areas in their lives to establish boundaries and accountability to help them maintain integrity and witness.
10. SACRIFICE & SUFFERING: BE SHAPED BY SACRIFICE AND SUFFERING
The Bible says we are called to share in Christ’s suffering. This challenge aids in an understanding of sacrifice and suffering and how to view them from a Christian perspective.
11. LEADERSHIP: GROW IN LEADERSHIP
Some men are called to be leaders of home ministries – others of businesses. And all men are called to be leaders in their homes. This challenge encourages men to view leadership from a biblical perspective.
12. OUTREACH: SHARE JESUS’ STORY
This challenge teaches men the importance of reaching out to others, while giving them the tools to share the Gospel.
I hope you have been inspired by this overview. Learn more by visiting https://journeytobiblicalmanhood.com. A one time registration is required for which there is no charge.
Until every church disciples every man….